If you have a business blog, chances are you already understand how much of an important, influential tool it can be. In addition to increasing traffic to your website and positioning your business as an expert in a particular field, maintaining a blog and successfully incorporating a variety of SEO tactics into each blog post can give your website more opportunities to rank higher on search engine results pages. But how should you get started?
Below, we’ve outlined a few tricks on blogging for SEO.
- Quality over quantity. Focus on producing high quality content over a large quantity of mediocre content. Doing so will keep your readers coming back, as well as give them more reason to read on, click around, and explore your website.
- Focus on relevancy.Understanding your audience is critical. Present topics that your target audience will want to learn more about and that tie into your company in some way. While simply blogging about your products and services may suffice, staying up-to-date on what your competitors are doing can help you generate blog ideas and develop a better understanding of industry trends.
- 500 or more words is key. To ensure that the content on your blog stays relevant, try to upload a new blog post at least once a week. You should also ensure that the content you’re posting is comprehensive in scope. Posts that are 500 words or longer tend to rank better and give you ample room to organically insert keywords.
- Choose the right keywords. One important factor in blogging for SEO is incorporating relevant keywords in a user-friendly way. When selecting keywords, start with a keyword planning tool. Look for high volume, low difficulty, high click-through rate (CTR) keywords that relate to your business. When determining how to insert your selected keywords into your blog, do not cram keywords into your content, as it will make your blog less enjoyable to read and more likely to be flagged by search engine crawlers. Instead, find ways to seamlessly incorporate a couple of keywords into each paragraph and focus on writing engaging content.
- Create a web of links. It’s important to incorporate both internal and external links within your blog posts. Including internal links can help website visitors find other interesting pages on your website and help search engine crawlers better understand your website’s architecture. Including quality external links can help search engines understand how your page relates to other pages on the internet and make your content seem more authoritative.
- A little goes a long way. On each blog post, take your snippets, headers, and meta data seriously. Inserting keywords into your blog post’s URL gives search engines another way to identify the post’s purpose. Also, make sure to insert relevant keywords into both your post’s page title and meta description while avoiding keyword stuffing. Creating a catchy page title and intriguing meta description that makes someone want to click on the post is more important than getting in as many keywords as possible.
Blogging for SEO can be an effective tool for your business, as relevant and engaging content can help draw people in and make them want to stay on your website. And by including meaningful links, tailored keywords, and eye-catching titles, you can easily help your blog rank better on search engine results pages.
Effective SEO blogging can be hard to get right, which is where we can help. Contact Axis41, A Merkle Company, today for help with all of your content and SEO needs.